T9-1-1 will be made available in specific areas when the appropriate network upgrades have been completed. Please check this section of the Web site regularly as it will be updated as the T9-1-1 service becomes available. Note that registration is available nationally, however the T9-1-1 service is currently available only in the following areas:
- Calgary – City of Calgary, Bighorn Municipal District, Kananaskis Improvement District and Rocky View Municipal District. (City of Calgary Public Safety Communications Call Area)
- Edmonton – City of Edmonton
- Parkland County – Athabasca County, Barrhead County, Brazeau County, Lac La Biche County, Lac Ste Anne County, Leduc County, Sturgeon County, Town of Spruce Grove, Town of Stony Plain, Town of Westlock, Town of Whitecourt. (Parkland County Emergency Response Centre)
- Metro Vancouver – City of Vancouver, District of West Vancouver, City of North Vancouver, District of North Vancouver, Bowen Island Municipality, Village of Lions Bay, City of Burnaby, City of New West, City of Port Moody, Village of Anmore, Village of Belcarra, City of Coquitlam, City of Port Coquitlam, City of Pitt Meadows, District of Maple Ridge, City of Richmond, Corporation of Delta, City of Surrey, Township of Langley, City of Langley, City of Whiterock, and Electoral Area A (University of BC, University Endowment Lands, Barnston Island, Howe Sound Communities (Ocean Point, Strachan Point, Montizambert Wynd, Bowyer Island and Passage Island), and Indian Arm / Pitt Lake Communities (Boulder Island, Carraholly Point, Northern Portion of Indian Arm and West side of Pitt Lake). (E-Comm 9-1-1 Call Area)
- Northern Vancouver Island – Regional Districts of Comox Valley, Strathcona, Mt. Waddington, Alberni-Clayoquot and Powell River (excluding Lasqueti Island); and a portion of the Nanaimo Regional District (School District 69).
- Squamish Lillooet Regional District – District of Lillooet, Village of Pemberton, Resort Municipality of Whistler, District of Squamish and four unincorporated electoral areas (A, B, C, D).
- Sunshine Coast Regional District – Egmont, Pender Harbour, Halfmoon Bay, Roberts Creek, Elphinstone, West Howe Sound, District of Sechelt and Town of Gibsons. (E-Comm 9-1-1 Call Area)
- Text with 9-1-1 is available in most areas of Manitoba. For a complete list of municipalities that offer T9-1-1 click here.
- Text with 9-1-1 is available province-wide in New Brunswick.
- Text with 9-1-1 is available province-wide in Nova Scotia.
- Text with 9-1-1 is currently available in more than 500 communities in Ontario. Click here for a complete list.
Prince Edward Island
(Not currently available)
- Text with 9-1-1 is available in most areas of Quebec. For a complete list of municipalities that offer T9-1-1, click here.
(Not currently available)
Enhanced 9-1-1 has not yet been deployed in the following provinces/territories and are therefore currently ineligible for T9-1-1 service:
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Northwest Territories